Cornwall Council have launched their Business Regulatory Support Service offering a single point of contact for businesses to access regulatory support across environmental health, trading standards, licensing and fire. Mel is delighted to have helped shape this new service. Go to www.businessregulatorysupport.co.uk and find out what businesses are saying about this innovative new service.
‘I worked with Mel on the development of Cornwall’s first Business Improvement District in Truro.
With a concept so novel for the UK Mel worked extremely effectively in helping to guide the BID from inception to the final decisive ballot and beyond to a successful second term to ensure that the Truro BID became the nationally recognised success story that it is today.
Attention to detail, perseverance and diplomacy were essential qualities deployed to great effect in the City to bring the business community together with this successful and ongoing project.’
‘Mel was a great help in supporting the setting up and putting in place of protocols and good practices for the LEP. Her approach was efficient, collaborative, determined and friendly; I am sure she will add value to the projects she works with.’
Over 40 people from private, voluntary and public sector organisations met on 10th September to explore how they could work more closely together particularly around the issues of inclusion, skills and employment. The event, organised by Mel Richardson Consultancy for Voluntary Sector Forum working in partnership with Cornwall Chamber of Commerce, was the beginning of a stronger dialogue and positive action between the voluntary and private sectors for the economic benefit of Cornwall.
Mel Richardson Consultancy can help you with:
- Organisation of events to promote projects, ideas and productive partnership working
- Information leaflets, proposals, action plans, reports, briefs
- Consultation exercises and events
- Press releases
- Co-ordination of short films to promote projects.
Here are a few examples of successful projects that Mel has been involved in:
- Established the LEP’s Better Business for All (BBfA) programme through close working with Cornwall Council’s regulatory services. BBfA is about working with the business community to improve how regulatory services are delivered in Cornwall and also demonstrating how regulators can save businesses time, money and help them grow their businesses (link to BBfA website)