Here are a few examples of successful projects that Mel has been involved in:
- Established the LEP’s Better Business for All (BBfA) programme through close working with Cornwall Council’s regulatory services. BBfA is about working with the business community to improve how regulatory services are delivered in Cornwall and also demonstrating how regulators can save businesses time, money and help them grow their businesses (link to BBfA website)
- Instigation and co-ordination of the LEP’s governance arrangements, practices and processes including establishing efficient and fair protocols, briefs for commissioned work and contracts.
- Managed the process to prepare the LEP ‘Economic Growth Strategy 2012 to 2020’ for Cornwall and Scilly
- Prepared brief for ‘Connected Truro’ a strategic project that will deliver innovative and practical solutions to address signage, navigation, interpretation and interaction in Truro, Cornwall’s only city.
- Undertook business research to shape Cornwall Council’s new Business Regulatory Support Service providing a single point of contact for businesses to access regulatory support across environmental health, trading standards, licensing and fire http://www.businessregulatorysupport.co.uk
- Prepared successful funding bids to include Hendra Skate Park (Sport England), Perranwell footpath (EU funding) Truro farmers market stalls (EU funding) and part of a team who prepared funding bids for Newquay Aerohub Enterprise Zone, Regional Growth Funding and Growing Places Funding.
- Recruitment of 200 licensees onto British Institute of Inn-keeping courses funded by the European Social Fund (ESF).
- Preparation of 3 year Strategy and Business Plan, 1 year Implementation Plan and Risk Register for CASSPLUS (a specialised charity which provides a court based advice service to provide relief and assistance to some of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged adults and their families).