Over 40 people from private, voluntary and public sector organisations met on 10th September to explore how they could work more closely together particularly around the issues of inclusion, skills and employment. The event, organised by Mel Richardson Consultancy for Voluntary Sector Forum working in partnership with Cornwall Chamber of Commerce, was the beginning of a stronger dialogue and positive action between the voluntary and private sectors for the economic benefit of Cornwall.
Mel Richardson Consultancy can help you with:
- Organisation of events to promote projects, ideas and productive partnership working
- Information leaflets, proposals, action plans, reports, briefs
- Consultation exercises and events
- Press releases
- Co-ordination of short films to promote projects.
Here are a few examples of successful projects that Mel has been involved in:
- Established the LEP’s Better Business for All (BBfA) programme through close working with Cornwall Council’s regulatory services. BBfA is about working with the business community to improve how regulatory services are delivered in Cornwall and also demonstrating how regulators can save businesses time, money and help them grow their businesses (link to BBfA website)
Mel Richardson has a proven track record of Business Improvement District (BID) development and BID renewal in Cornwall and has undertaken accreditation audits for BIDs across England:
- Developed Cornwall’s first Business Improvement District Schemes in Cornwall from the outset with the formation of steering groups through to successful ballots and post ballot support . Extensive experience of business engagement at all levels from independent shop owners to directors of corporate organisations.
- Developed Totally Truro BID, now into its third term, delivering a range of additional services and initiatives all designed to raise the profile of the city, attract more visitors and encourage them to explore all its facilities. Continue reading “Business improvement is our business!”
‘Mel project managed a joint event on behalf of Cornwall Voluntary Sector Forum and Cornwall Chamber of Commerce, with funding from Big Lottery. The event was meticulously planned and was a great success. Mel understands the world of the private sector, the public sector and the voluntary sector, and moves between all three with ease. Her contacts in the world of business were a great asset to us, and we will definitely be using her services again.’
‘I was fortunate enough to work with Mel when I was a board member of the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Local Enterprise Partnership. I particularly valued Mel’s proactive and practical approach to the tasks we had to tackle. These skills really came to the fore in setting up the Better Business for All partnership to tackle business regulation. Mel is able to engage with a wide range of different people which was a real asset when talking to members of the business community. I would have no hesitation in recommending Mel as a project manager she is diligent, committed, enthusiastic and not afraid to tell it as it is.’
‘I worked with Mel Richardson on the formation of the Falmouth BID in 2009, when I was the Falmouth BID Chairman. Mel is a great project manager and organiser. She made a real difference in helping us achieve a strong “Yes” vote’
‘As Vice Chairman of Newquay BID during the initial set up and once the vote was successful, working with Mel always gave me confidence she had everything under control and knew all the answers to any of the BID related questions posed to her. Her knowledge of the BID process and the way she reacted with Newquay business’s gave total confidence to all concerned.’